Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Dolly Wink Pink Brown 02

Hey everyone! Today I'm doing a review of the Dolly Wink Eyeshadow in 02 Pink Brown. It was one of the many purchases I made in the Shibuya 109 building in Japan.



It comes in really cute packaging, similar to the style of packaging the lashes come in. The palette itself has 4 complimentary colours, and the box comes with instructions on where to apply the makeup. I used the instructions on the back and it can come out looking really cute! Although you don't want to overdo it or you'll end up with an overly pink and gold lower lashline. 




The palette's 4 colours are a very light, shimmery pink, a shimmery light gold, a sweet chocolate brown and then a darker brown. The pink is cute, although it's very light so can be quite subtle. The gold is good for the inner eye as an alternative to white, as it brightens up the eyes and compliments the brown. I usually use the light brown for the lid with the darker brown add a gradient outwards. 

The colour is warm and summery and would be a good look for brunettes! The palette comes with a small standard make-up brush for application. You can change the way you apply the make-up for a lot of different looks. The quality seems good; they are long lasting and easy to apply (I've been wearing the make-up all day, with just a bit of transfer, but not as good as for example, Sugarpill.) 



I have to admit, I'm not that skilled in make-up application, but I think the quality of the product makes up for it a lot. All in all, I really like Dolly Wink Pink Brown 02 for a cute, sweet every day look. There is nothing groundbreaking about it, but it's natural and simple and can suit a variety of skin tones and hair colours.

Quality: 4/5 
Colour: 4/5
Price: 2/5
Long-lasting: 3/5

From what I remember, in Japan it was pretty expensive, and getting outside of Japan would be even more so. I'd say it probably isn't worth the price, but it has lasted me a good few months, there is still a lot left. If you are fan of Dolly Wink, you'll probably enjoy wearing this palette. There are other colours available in the range also, but the pink was what sold me on this one.

Thanks for reading!

Sally x




2 comments:

  1. Not that skilled in makeup application, shaddup girl! I'd be interested to see whether it would show up on my skin at all though since mine is Chinese and kind of nutty in the Summer. I think I prefer their lashes to their makeup though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you <3 Hmm yeah, there are a range of colours in the set so there might be something to suit your skin type! Their lashes are great, so many different styles! I bought some of those in Japan. (Funny story, I lost one of them on a rollercoaster and was raging because they were so expensive! Haha!)

    ReplyDelete